Community Engagement Manager
August 2022 | Two Year Contract: Full Time | Responsible to: UACC Vice President
The Community Engagement Manager plays a key role in engaging with Ukrainian refugees by implementing outreach and engagement activities which result in eligible Ukrainian Parolees having access to the services and supports needed to build wellbeing for their families in Minnesota.
Convene regular Ukrainian Community roundtable meetings in coordination with the Resettlement Programs Office of the Minnesota Department of Human Services. The goal of these meetings is to provide a centralized place to help facilitate coordination and connection to services available.
- Host and facilitate regular meetings.
- Maintain and distribute meeting notes to participants.
- Maintain participant listing and work to expand participation, as needed for best results.
Develop and implement mechanism(s) to ensure people have the most up to date information about:
- Services and supports available to people from Ukraine granted Humanitarian Parole status
- Opportunities to provide support to people arriving in Minnesota.
- Develop/maintain a website of current resources
- Develop and regularly distribute a community Newsletter
- Create promotional materials
- Share information via social media channels
Conduct outreach and engagement activities across the Ukrainian community members and organizations to promote coordination and connection to resources.
- Convene regular meetings across Ukrainian community leaders helping organizations to identify resources, gaps, and coordinate efforts.
- Work collaboratively with UACC Board, partners and staff
- Host events for both newcomers and existing community (ex. legal clinics, thematic workshops, cultural events)
- Coordinate within Ukrainian community organizations to participate in events to bridge connections to needed resources.
- Distribute promotional materials
Provide technical assistance/cultural advice to providers serving the Ukrainian community to inform:
- Ensuring services and supports are informed by the current/emerging needs of new arrivals and service gaps experienced.
- Culturally informed services
- Meet weekly with DHS staff to share updates and challenges and identify additional engagement/service needs.
- Meet with state agencies, as needed, to discuss needs and challenges faced by newly arriving Ukrainians to Minnesota.
- Provide technical assistance on culturally appropriate services and interventions, as needed, to inform service provision.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to develop and implement ideas with minimum guidance
- Passionate about the UACC mission and serving the community
- Able to take initiative, and build positive relationships with all stakeholders. Professional, engaging presence and communication skills (verbal, written and in person) – welcoming, accepting and grateful acknowledgment of the diverse community
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships, including with community-based groups or organizations, to deliver programs and/or services to the public
- Established relationships with community leaders and community-led organizations
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organizational and project management skills, excellent problem solving
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian required; Russian preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred.
- (if needed) Must be able to bend, lift, stretch and climb to load and unload carts, stock shelves, vehicles and trailer, and move items weighing up to 30 pounds
Ukrainian American Community Center is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization, whose mission is to unite and empower the community through social services, humanitarian aid, and advancement of Ukrainian heritage, culture and history.
APPLY Qualified applicants please submit your cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug 26, 2022.
- Flexible schedule
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Minneapolis, MN 55413: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Minneapolis, MN 55413